March 11-29, 2019
Data-Driven & Email Marketing
In today’s landscape, Marketers are using up to 15 different databases/data sources across their campaigns. In fact, 84% of marketers say they have “enough” data. (Source: Emma Email)
Over half of marketers cite difficulties in accurately measuring ROI as their biggest source of frustration (Source: Adobe). This course is designed to help marketers understand how to use data, different types of databases, and data-driven marketing channels — like email marketing and more — to optimize the return on their investment in marketing.
Objectives & Learning Goals
The objective of this course is to gain a process for collecting marketing, customer, and engagement data and putting it to work for marketing initiatives. Plus, we’ll learn the different channels within data-driven marketing and how to master them.
- Learn what’s possible in today’s ever-more data-driven marketing landscape
- Understand the different types of database and data structure and when it’s appropriate to use each
- Learn the best practices and best-in class examples of email marketing, including how to put data to work
- Learn the basics of other data-driven channels like loyalty programs, SMS, and more
- Learn to measure the impact of every marketing initiative with insights in reporting, not just analytics
Learn more about this anything-but-traditional university at harbour.space
Episerver Customer Connect Conference
April 12, 2019
Using Customer Data to Craft Personalization at Scale
Marketing is all about the data these days. But gathering, analyzing, interpreting, and using data to create relevance along a customer’s path to purchase can be easier said than done.
Jessica Best is charged with helping her clients – from financial institutions to nonprofits – turn data into a useful tool for creating and supporting marketing campaigns. She’ll explore the step-by-step process you need to gather customers insights and transform that data into personalized marketing at scale… including the speed bumps along the way and how to navigate them.
What you’ll learn:
- How to graduate from funnel-thinking to customer journey-driven thinking
The data that drives relevance… and results in your marketing campaigns
How to make a case for integrating data and systems and troubleshooting for speed bumps along the process
Learn more and register at episerver.com
Content Marketing Conference
April 17, 2019
Data That Drives Email Marketing Relevance… and Revenue
Marketers have fallen (back) in love with data. We wanted MORE DATA… and we got it. But has it made us better marketers? 84% of marketers say they have “enough” data and, in fact, marketers average more than 8 data sources across their marketing campaigns. Yet marketers still say reporting ROI is one of their biggest challenges.
You’ve got data, but do you have the data you need to achieve your email marketing goals? Jessica shares how to make data from a variety of sources useful in your email campaigns by making it work together.
What you’ll learn:
- Determine if/which of your data ready is to power your email marketing program
- Choose data to use in email that impacts the bottom line, a.k.a. bolsters email ROI
- Integrate multiple data sources, from easy plug-ins to robust data power tools
See the full line-up and register at contentmarketingconference.com
HOW Design Live/HOW Marketing Live
May 7, 2019
The Implications of Journey Mapping for Designers
The customer’s journey has taken marketing by storm in the last couple years and rightfully so: Our customers don’t see their interactions with our brands as separate, just because the components are made by teams on different floors or sometimes in different cities.
In order to align our marketing team for a united front — something we marketers have been trying to do for years — we have to lean on the customer journey. This journey spans more than what we touch as marketers; it includes discovery, customer service, advocacy, etc. This session will show the value and process for mapping your marketing assets to the customer journey and begin to think of design not only as persuasion but also as resolution and assistance along that journey, leading to a higher return on investment than focusing on marketing alone.
- The top 3 benefits of building your marketing — from concept to creative — with the customer journey as the foundation
- A sample customer journey and how marketing assets can be aligned to it
- Tips for planning for integrated marketing communication success
See the full line-up and register at howdesignlive.com
Content Marketing World
September 3, 2019
The Best and Worst of Email Marketing
(1/2 Day Pre-Conference Workshop)
What if each email you sent earned you a 2000% return on investment? Email marketing (yes, STILL) rocks the highest return on investment of any medium, garnering on average $28 for every $1 you invest. That is, if you do it right. Is your email program up to snuff?
From content do’s and don’ts — and trends — to using data to inform your program to the right ways to grow your email list, Jessica Best, self-proclaimed email marketing dweeb, will help you get your current strategy in the best shape it can be, and then teach you how to grow it to the next level with a larger subscriber base and the latest trends so you can start earning a $20-to-$1 return on investment.
WARNING: Any data-phobes who hate measurable marketing, anyone who has perfect email marketing campaigns already, and those guys that send pharmaceutical ads in Russian need *not* attend.
What you’ll learn:
- Common mistakes we (still) see savvy email marketers make
- What’s working – and what’s pretty darn cool – in email marketing in 2018 and beyond
- How to grow your subscribers list to grow your revenue
- How to turbo-boost your email marketing — 2 ways to guarantee improvements to your ROI
Checkout the workshop and register at contentmarketingworld.com
October 7, 2019
Email Marketing: the Good, the Bad, and the WOW
More info coming soon at digitalium.ro